It began with a question. A young boy begging in the community. “What do you want most in the world?”
“A pencil,” he replied.
I reached into my backpack, handed him my pencil, and watched as a wave of possibility washed over him. A smile erupted and his eyes brightened. I then saw the profound power and promise brought through something as small as giving a pencil to just one child.
The Bryan Hope Foundation (TBHF) was founded
Over the next five years, I backpacked through more than 50 countries, handing out thousands of pens and pencils across the communities. These pencils, these small pieces of potential, led to powerful conversations with local parents and children across countless cultures and languages.
From years of listening to their words, it became clear that there was a need for a nonprofit that was led on the ground by staff consisting of locals within each community and required village participation in each school in order to support each student to ensure their success. These are the guidelines on which The Bryan Hope Foundation (TBHF) was founded in October 2017.
Since starting with just a $25 deposit, we have now given more than 70 children educational support and shelter.
In the process, we have learned a lot. We’ve learned that education is a living, breathing entity that with the right nurturing, evolves into something spectacular. We’ve learned that every piece of its growth is a challenge and that each pencil, each dollar, each supporter is essential.
The Bryan Hope Foundation is now a community-based organisation consisting of passionate individuals, many of whom are the most dynamic and impactful leaders we have ever seen. They are committed to supporting a world with greater educational opportunities for all. Thousands have joined us, making contributions through acts both large and small. We fundamentally believe that a day will come in our lifetimes when every single child will have access to a quality education, and we will continue to work tirelessly in breaking down the restraints of today to enable the possibilities of tomorrow.
We Nurture the Whole Child
- Care The children come from impoverished families where nutritious food is in short supply. Today every child in our care receives a well-balanced diet of four meals a day. Children who had never seen a medical doctor before now receive regular wellness check-ups and treatment when ill.
- Support We support our children in realising their worth and dignity. Through the work of volunteers, our children receive one-on-one counseling and mentoring to help them move from their traumatic pasts and into the future. Children who were once withdrawn and despondent are today expressive and engaged.
- Restore We restore childhood with life, color and play. The children play football, draw pictures, They are free to be kids.
- Celebrate We celebrate birthdays and holidays.
- Sponsorships Be a catalyst for change in a life of a Ugandan child by offering the gift of sponsorship. Your sponsorship gift provides the child with spiritual, educational and leadership opportunities, and facilitates their physical, social and emotional needs that they would otherwise not get.
Help to fulfill its vision of extending the Love of Jesus Christ to the neediest children in Uganda, Influencing them through the gospel and education. that can provide each child with the opportunity to become a great Christian leader that can in turn transform his / her generation.
Please help by selecting a child and electing a sponsorship amount. You are encouraged to also be an advocate by informing others to help sponsor a child so that together we can transform as many lives as possible.
How Sponsorship Works
- Basic Education A right of all children. Sponsorships work to improve the quality of education and learning experience for the child, thereby enabling them to succeed.
- Health and Medical Sponsorship enables us to address the children’s health issues. Healthy children are able to attend school and thus increase their learning capability.
- Food and Nutrition Without food, even the slightest of a child’s development goals can never be achieved. Sponsorship enables us to provide healthy and nutritious meals to the children under our care.
- Housing and Shelter A place to call home, where there is love and security is a right for every child. Sponsorship works in helping us provide a safe and secure environment that boosts the development of the child.